Friday, January 3, 2014

LET'S TALK HAIR!






HAIR! Your crowning glory! My favorite subject! 
As a hairstylist, I spent years working with pricey, quality salon products.  Great on the hair, not so great on the wallet.  Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, I've discovered homemade hair secrets that work just as well...maybe even better! 
Here they are...

WHITE VINEGAR
This is my number one cannot live without hair product. This is in my opinion the best hair-clarifier out there.  Once a week mix 1/4 vinegar with equal parts water. Apply to wet hair. Shampoo and condition as usual.  

BEER
Especially great for blondes. I apply after shampooing and before conditioning for added shine.  The alcohol also has added benefits of cleansing and softening.  Downside is this can be drying and you may smell like you partied all night. 

COCONUT OIL
Best deep conditioner around! I try to do this at least twice a week.  Apply generously to dry hair before bed. Sleep. Wash and dry as normal. I also lightly apply to ends after styling. It adds the perfect amount of smoothness and shine.

AVOCADO HAIR MASK
1 Banana
1 Avacodo
1 tsp Olive Oil
Another great one for shiny and soft hair.  You can throw this on your face as well! Blend all the ingrediants together and massage into hair from roots to end. Cover for 30 minutes. Shampoo and apply vinegar treatment above.  Condition and style as usual.  










5 comments:

  1. As far as shampoo/conditioner, what do you use? Right now I use Bumble and Bumble creme de coco. I LOVE, LOVE it but it is pricey. I switched shampoos a few years back from Aveda, hoping to save money and that didn't happen. This helps my hair in the winter and in the summer I use Be Gentle by BB. Any suggestions? I love using coconut oil on everything. I use fractionated coconut oil with my essential oils for my skin... but regular coconut oil all other ways including cooking. Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I'm a big believer is Biolage shampoos and I like Pantene Smooth Vitality conditioner. My hair gets really tangled and for some reason Pantene is the only conditioner that smoothes it out enough for me to comb through! I've used it for years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you rinse the vinegar/water mixture out before you shampoo or just leave it in and shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just leave it in and then rinse it all out with the shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete